Usual Mass Times and Services (Suspended during the pandemic)
|DAY||TIME & SERVICE|
|Tuesday-Saturday||Morning Prayer 9.15am, Mass 9.30am
Mass times Normally 9.30 but subject to change.
Please check the weekly timetable for more accurate information.
|Saturday||Exposition and Confessions 10.00am-10.30am|
|Please note: Morning Prayer and Masses Tuesday to Saturday are subject to change
FOLLOWING THE EASING OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS MASS WILL BE CELEBRATED ON WEDNESDAYS AND SUNDAYS
YOU MUST BOOK A PLACE - BOOKING IS NOW OPEN AND WILL BE DONE ON A MASS BY MASS BASIS
PLEASE REFER TO THE CURRENT BULLETIN (BELOW) ON HOW TO BOOK FOR MASS
MASS AND PRIVATE PRAYER DURING COVID LOCKDOWN
The following operational practices will apply for both private prayer and the Mass.
- The maximum number of people allowed in the church for private prayer is 24.
- Mass numbers are limited, please click on 'Latest Bulletin' for up-to-date information about booking a place.
- There will be at least 2 stewards who are there to ensure your safety. Please follow any instructions they provide you with. They will be happy to help or assist (within parameters)
- On entering the church please use the hand gel in the entrance.
- When ready, you will be asked to sit in a permitted seat. These have yellow markers and are at least 1 metre apart. The recommended distance is 2 metres. Family groups can sit together but please be guided by the stewards.
- Children under 16 will need to be with a parent or guardian and will need to follow the strict distancing rules.
- There is a clearly marked one-way system. You should enter the pews by the main aisle. Do not pass anyone sitting in the same row when entering or leaving. If the church is full you may have to wait outside, while still following the socially distance guidelines.
- The church facilities will not be available except in emergency. No-one should feel obliged to come to Mass. Personal safety and security are to be prioritised. The obligation to attend Mass remains suspended.
- Only Father Jerry and either the Deacon, sacristan or a server will be in the sacristy and on the altar, before, during and after Mass. No-one else will enter. Initially, no children.
- Father Jerry will prepare and purify his own chalice and paten. Single use gloves will be worn
- The sacristan will prepare the elements for the people. Single use gloves will be worn.
- The guidance notes will be followed exactly.
- No mass sheets, hymn books will be available. Water stoups empty.
- It is now obligatory to wear a mask in church.
- The priest, deacon and server should remain socially distant at all times, particularly at the Gospel, the Preparation of the Gifts and the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
- Readers will be supplied with single use gloves and avoid touching the microphones or Lectionary. The prayers of the Faithful will be omitted.
- There will be no offertory procession.
- Collection boxes for cash and envelope offerings will be at the church entrance. No collection will take place during Mass. Special arrangements are made for the handling of this.
THE COMMUNION RITE
- There will be no sign of the peace.
- After “Behold the Lamb of God….” The priest will hold up the Host and say, “The body of Christ” The people respond with “Amen” In the same way he will hold up the chalice. The priest will receive Holy Communion under both kinds, using his own Host and Chalice. After cleansing his own paten and chalice and keeping a reverent silence before the Prayer after Communion he will give the Blessing and dismissal.
- Ministers of Communion move to distribute the hosts, communicants, guided by the stewards, receive Holy Communion and then immediately leave the church.
- The Blessed Sacrament is placed in the Tabernacle and the vessels cleansed in the usual way.
Readers and Eucharistic Ministers will be contacted prior to the Mass from the names attending through the booking system. Safety requirements will be passed to them.
This Week: Monday 21 September to Saturday 26 September 2020
|Monday||FEAST: ST MATTHEW, APOSTLE||NONE||NO MASS IN THE PARISH|
|Tuesday||NONE||NO MASS IN THE PARISH|
|Wednesday||St Pio of Pietrelcina, Priest||NONE||9.30AM MASS
TICKETS REQUIRED, DETAILS IN BULLETIN
|Thursday||Our Lady of Walsingham||NONE||NO MASS IN THE PARISH|
|Friday||NONE||NO MASS IN THE PARISH|
|Saturday||Ss Cosmas and Damian, Martyrs||NONE||NO MASS IN THE PARISH
CHURCH OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER
download latest bulletin
download our previous bulletins
13th September 2020
6th September 2020
30th August 2020
23rd August 2020